Friday, April 19, 2013

A View From the 23rd - Part 2

King David continues to bring out the richness of His relationship to the Father through the 23rd Psalm. The fact that he was a sheep- herder prior to being selected king, enables David to so aptly describe in the Psalm, his personal relationship to the Father. Let's see what's next on the mind & heart of this Shepherd-boy turned King!



Take a drink  of water that will last FOREVER!
Hanging out with Sheep is not too "BAAA...D"!

 "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;" Ps.23:4a
Whatever situation I may face , even the possibility of death, man's greatest enemy, I will not fear. I perfectly trust in Your Love!

Ewe say Ewe are not afraid? Look at these TEETH!

Ewe have nothing to Fear when I am Near!
"For You are with me; Your rod & Your staff, they comfort me".Ps.23:4b
I understand that nothing will ever touch me that doesn't pass
through your Loving Hands! Your Presence is all I need!
Ewe feel Safe & Secure in His Protection!
Let Me Comfort Ewe!

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;" Ps. 23:5a
I know that if You prepare a table before me, no enemy can touch me, because You are there! 
I love Lamb but not when the Shepherd is around!
Feeding with no fear, because our Shepherd led us here!
Come to My table. I know just what Ewe need!
Sheep are very "Jumpy", startled very easily by the "Fear of the unknown". Only the Shepherd's close proximity to the flock is able to restore calm to their fretful hearts.

No Kidding, I'm a "Nervous Ninny" without my Shepherd!
 Fear is something that EWE & I can live without today, as we bask in the truth of His Love for us!

 "Therefore If the Son sets you free, you shall be free indeed". Jn. 8:36


1 comment:

  1. I was just praying today as where to live. I said Lord i want to fell SAFE AND HAVE SECURITY. I asked Him when the answer comes to confirm it with these 2 words. I wonder what the answer is?

    ReplyDelete