Sunday, June 30, 2013

NSA Scandal- "Who"s in Control?"


The Christian Life was intended to be a fruitful life. As we grow in our intimacy with Christ, the "Fruit of the Spirit" in our lives will become more  evident others around us. Today I'm going to focus on the final fruit on the list, the fruit of Self Control! I'll  illustrate this fruit through the world of nature & animals. I hope Ewe have enjoyed our "glimpses" of the "Fruit of the Spirit". Famous author  & American statesman Daniel Webster wrote," Educate your children to self-control, to the habit of holding passion and prejudice and evil tendencies to an upright and reasoning will, and you have done much to abolish misery from their future lives and crimes to society."

This is torture!  How much longer till I can eat?
It seemed like an "EGG-cellent"  idea at the time!
Chinese Christian author & church leader Watchman Nee wrote, "If we know that the aim of the Holy Spirit is to lead man to the place of self-control, we shall not fall into passivity but shall make good progress in spiritual life. 'The fruit of the Spirit is self-control."
I need self control! Too much of a good thing can  lead to less teeth!
Going "Hog Wild" at New Years can land Ewe on someone's dinner plate!
Christian theologian & author R. C. Sproul once wrote, "Anger is not in itself sinful, but...it may be the occasion for sin. The issue of self-control is the question of how we deal with anger. Violence, tantrums, bitterness, resentment, hostility, and even withdrawn silence are all sinful responses to anger."
Self Control involves being angry, yet without sinning!
Self Control means not letting the sun go down on Ewer anger!
 Christian pastor & author Max Lucado  once wrote, " I am a spiritual being... After this body is dead, my spirit will soar. I refuse to let what will rot rule the eternal. I choose self-control. I will be drunk only by joy. I will be impassioned only by my faith. I will be influenced only by God. I will be taught only by Christ."

Are Ewe "Nuts"? Do Ewe really want me to count calories?
Self Control helps me to keep my Big Mouth shut!

Self Control helps us love others that are "Different" than we are!
Evangelical Christian author & speaker Jerry Bridges wrote,"
Self-control is the exercise of inner strength under the direction of sound judgment that enables us to do, think, and say the things that are pleasing to God."
Self Control is responding correctly, even if it takes a little longer!
Self Control Is knowing when ,"Enough is Enough"!


Self Control is what I need! I can't even move!
Sheep learn Self Control through the proper management of their Shepherd. Rams, however, have to learn it the "Hard Way", in the "School of Hard Knocks"! 
The Shepherd knows what's BEST for EWE!
Did Ewe know that we "RAM" our heads together in mating season?
Today,thank the Shepherd often for the way He manages Ewer life. Praise Him that Self Control is a fruit that He will grow in His sheep!


 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who  abides in Me, & I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:5

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! This is really great! Thanks for posting these insights, quotes, and humorous pics to drive home simple points about the fruit of the Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Merced! I'm so glad that Ewe are being blessed by the Blog. It's an answer to my prayers, that the Lord would use the Blog to bless & encourage the Body of Christ!Thanks so much for commenting & may God continue to Bless Ewe richly!

      Delete